True North: Call 24/hrs a day: Hotline number 573-875-1370 or 800-548-2480
• Provides a wide variety of free services to survivors: individual and group counseling, court advocacy and information about the legal process, hospital advocacy, an emergency shelter where survivors and minor children can stay.
• Survivors can call the hotline number 24 hours a day/365 days a year for emotional support, referral information, and safety planning
Columbia Police Department: 600 E. Walnut; 573-874-7652
• Survivors may choose to report the crime to the local police.
• The Columbia Police department has a special unit to assist survivors of domestic violence called the Domestic Violence Enforcement (DOVE) Unit.
Boone County Prosecutor’s Office: 705 E. Walnut, 4th Floor; 573-886-4100
• Survivors can contact the Prosecutor’s office for information about the legal process. An advocate from the Prosecutor’s office may contact a survivor once a case is received.
Boone County Circuit Clerk’s Office: 705 E. Walnut, 1st Floor; 573-886-4000
• Survivors can file for an order of protection during regular business hours (M-F 8:00-5:00 p.m.). True North offers emergency orders of protection when the Circuit Clerk’s office is closed.
LEAD Institute: 573-445-5005 (Voice/TTY)
• Provides free mental health services to deaf victims of rape/sexual assault, intimate partner violence, and child abuse, as well as their families
• Provides 24 hour crisis line for deaf individuals: 800-380-3323 (Voice/TTY)
Missouri Crisis Line: 573-445-5035 or Text HAND to 839863
• Provides 24 hour support for individuals in crisis. Hotline workers can assist callers to develop a plan to work on their problem and provide resources.
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) and 1-800-787-3224 (TTY)
• Provides 24 hour support for survivors of sexual and relationship violence. Hotline workers can assist with safety planning, crisis intervention, and referrals for all 50 states.
• Assistance available in over 170 languages.
RAINN National Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE
• Connects to nearest crisis hotline
Kansas City Anti-Violence Project (KCAVP): 816-561-0550 or email@example.com
• Crisis intervention for LGBTQ victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and/or hate crimes.
The Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386
• Crisis intervention and suicide prevention services for LGBTQ youth
DoD Safe Helpline: 887-995-5247
• Crisis intervention for military service members
Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-237-TALK (8255)
• Press 1 for military personnel
Please contact the RSVP Center (573-882-6638) for assistance in locating additional resources.